Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey, Good Lookin'. Whatcha Got Cookin'?

How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?

I grew up around country music (hence the Hank Williams song lyrics), and I grew up around a lot of good food. I never used to consider myself a great chef (I once burned microwave popcorn), but I am getting a lot better. I can now cook a variety of delicious dinners, including chicken parmesan, pierogis (see photographs below), lasagna, and meatloaf. I can make a few appetizers, such as artichoke dip and pepperoni rolls, and I am also learning how to bake yummy desserts and treats.




Although I like the thought of taking all the credit, I have to give credit where credit is due. My family has always agreed to be my guinea pigs, and I thank them for that. And I need to thank my new obsession, the Cooking Channel.




I especially enjoy watching Giada De Laurentiis, Sandra Lee, and Ina Garten. I do enjoy watching each of these chefs cook, but I also like who each of them are (or, at least, what I can tell from TV and the internet). Giada De Laurentiis was born in Rome; her mom was an actress and her dad was a producer. When Sandra Lee was a preteen, she helped raise her five brothers and sisters when her mother became ill. Ina Garten used to be a White House nuclear policy analyst. Seriously? Why can't all people be this interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment